[Lcdproc] Patch to add an option "AutoRotate" to the config file

  • From: lists at follefuder.org (Michael Zanetti)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch to add an option "AutoRotate" to the config file
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:50:01 +0100

Hi,

This patch adds an option "AutoRotate=bool" to the servers config file and
its
command line parameters. Because -r (like rotate) and -a (like autorotate)
are
already used I choose -l (like loop) for the command line parameter. You may
change this to whatever you think is better.

The default value is true (just the same as currently without the option). If
the user does not touch this option, LCDd behaves exactly like it currently
does.

When the option is set to false, the server behaves like the user would have
pressed the "ToggleRotateKey" to turn off rotation. The first screen of the
first
connecting client will be the intial screen. The user can then use the
NextScreenKey or the PrevScreenKey to walk manually through screens. Pressing
the ToggleRotateKey for the first time starts rotation.

The use-case for this option is because I always want MythTV to show its
status while I still want to access lcdproc's info-screens manually using the
displays buttons.

I have also updated the docs and sample config file accordingly.

It would be totally cool if this patch could make it into the official
releases.

Cheers,
Michael