[Lcdproc] Ricavision VFD USB module

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Ricavision VFD USB module
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:32:39 +0100

On 15.12.2010 16:03, Petr Palack? wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have bought one of "Ricavision VFD" display connectable via USB but i am
> not able to playing with it under Linux.
> I found that this VFD module is designed for Win MCE (probably only?).
> After connecting +5V to the modul, VFD shows clock in format hh:mm:ss.
>
> Because Ricavision company is gone, I have no support nor full module name.
> On module board is text: "CWT_7046 V08".
> Display controller chip is brushed so I can not read its part number.
>
> You can see product image here:
> http://www.parkit.cz/picture/large/20090114212709578979882.JPG
>
> After connecting I can see that two new USB device were detected ...
>
> 05e3:0608 and 13ec:0030
>
> ... but no USB-serial device was created.

Hi,

at a first glance on the pictures linked to above I thought it is this
device: http://www.muetze1.de/?page_id=568 especially as it appears as a
HID device as well (note it will not create serial devices in this case).

Looking at it a second time I see it has different icons around.

You may try with the 'mdm166a' driver, if you modify the
'HIDInterfaceMatcher' (mdm166a.c line 144) to match your VendorID /
ProductID (13ec:0030).

Regards
Markus