[Lcdproc] Mplay HD44780 VFD on Ububtu

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Mplay HD44780 VFD on Ububtu
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 21:10:24 +0100

Hi Santanu,

actually I was working on this topic the last days. I worked through the
serialVFD driver to see if your device could easily be added.

Unfortunately I am not sure if it is possible. According to the code
from lcdwriter it uses some protocol which is too different to other
devices in the serialVFD code.

So someone has to write a completely new driver for it. Currently I am
too busy to do this myself. Sorry.

Regards,
Markus