[Lcdproc] freenas lcd2usb lcdproc

  • From: germano at soru.me.uk (Germano)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] freenas lcd2usb lcdproc
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:11:41 -0000

Hi,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help

I have installed the lcdproc (0.5.3_1) on both freebsd 8.1 (using the advice
I got from here) and 7.3 and they both work.

But on 7.3 I have to unplug the lcd2usb device and replug it in before I can
fire up lcdproc to use it (its plugged in internally and becomes a lot of
hassle to do)

On 8.1 the device just works from boot, no repluging required but I seam to
be having a networking problem which halves the throughput gives me a lot of
i/o errors and packet collisions.

I guess it's down to how the usb stack is implemented in the kernel

The intention is to have it running on a freenas device which uses the 7.3
kernel

Thank you in advance

Germano

believed to be clean.