[Lcdproc] Fwd: lcdproc on FreeBSD with lis driver

  • From: pusateri at bangj.com (Tom Pusateri)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Fwd: lcdproc on FreeBSD with lis driver
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 14:24:15 -0500

Thanks for the reply.

The code looks fine to me too. But the call to pthread_create never returns
so maybe its an issue with FreeBSD 8.1. I just did a binary update to p2 and
that acts the same. I saw a Freebsd bug in 7.2 for a similar problem to
pthread_create() not returning because of a malloc issue.

I read elsewhere that others on linux are using the hd44780 Driver with
connection type lis2. So I tried that with device /dev/cuaU0. It seems to run
ok but it never updates the display. Its not clear which driver I should be
using.

I don't think I mentioned it before but I have a Pro-LCD in a nMedia 1000
case http://www.nmediapc.com/LCD/download.htm which is a VLSys LIS MCE.

Thanks for the help.

Tom