[Lcdproc] LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 23:44:25 +0100

On 04.12.2010 17:50, dusty paulson wrote:
> I'm using the CwLnx driver for a model 12232 20x4 screen.
>
> I'm running lcdproc 0.5.3. Whenever I run lcdproc for a period of
> time(could be 10 minutes or an hour) I get this error in my syslog:
> LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!
>
> And my screen has locked up. Lcdproc shutsdown and LCDd locks up.
>
> I've been playing around with setting and I can't seem to fix this
> issue. I've tried changing the transmission speed, the time each screen
> shows on the screen, even the title scrolling speed. nothing seems to
> help.
>
> If I run LCDd and lcdexec only, it will run for days. Also it seems
> like if I run LCDd and lcdproc and have it sit on the clock screen only
> it will run for days without it freezing. What is the deal? Is there a
> fix for this?
>
> --
> Free e-mail accounts at http://zworg.com
>
> --
> Free e-mail accounts at http://zworg.com

Hello,

this behaviour is known and a little bit on purpose in LCDproc 0.5.3. It
happens if you run LCDd on large displays with quickly changing screens
of lcdproc (like the 'G' screen). This happening on 20x4 is very rare.

LCDd's input processing has been improved since 0.5.3, so you may try
the latest version from CVS. If you need to stick to 0.5.3 you may try
to set 'delay' option in lcdproc.conf (NOT in LCDd.conf).

Regards
Markus