[Lcdproc] LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!

  • From: dustyp at zworg.com (dusty paulson)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 08:50:55 -0800

I'm using the CwLnx driver for a model 12232 20x4 screen.

I'm running lcdproc 0.5.3. Whenever I run lcdproc for a period of
time(could be 10 minutes or an hour) I get this error in my syslog:
LCDd: error: huh? Too much data received... quiet down!

And my screen has locked up. Lcdproc shutsdown and LCDd locks up.

I've been playing around with setting and I can't seem to fix this
issue. I've tried changing the transmission speed, the time each screen
shows on the screen, even the title scrolling speed. nothing seems to
help.

If I run LCDd and lcdexec only, it will run for days. Also it seems
like if I run LCDd and lcdproc and have it sit on the clock screen only
it will run for days without it freezing. What is the deal? Is there a
fix for this?

--
Free e-mail accounts at http://zworg.com

--