[Lcdproc] running display in new software environment

  • From: root at c-works.net (Harald Latzko)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] running display in new software environment
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 23:53:45 +0100

just tried the option "O_NDELAY" when opening the serial device in the
pyramid driver (inspired by the discussion in "SureElec no response,
freeze?"): didn't help. my complete "open" parameter list is now "p->FD =
open(p->device, O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY | O_NDELAY );" -> didn't help. i also
checked out the GoodBye message: it gets displayed in about 20% of all cases
LCDd exits via strg-c, even if no client is attached to LCDd. sometime it
works, most of times not. chipset is vx800, if this makes any difference.
module version of ftdi_sio is 1.6.0 (against 1.4.3 in kernel 2.6.20 where the
same device works). unfortunately, vx800 is not supported in kernel 2.6.20. :/