[Lcdproc] Noritake graphical VFD driver

  • From: peter at wurmsdobler.org (Peter Wurmsdobler)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Noritake graphical VFD driver
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 12:00:35 +0000

Hello,

> right now we support several Noritake character-based displays with the
> 'NoritakeVFD' and the 'serialVFD' drivers. If your device understands
> the serial protocol these device use, you may just use one of those drivers.
Well, I tried that, but it does obviously not work as my VFD is graphical.

> Additionally you may check the devices supported by the 'glcdlib' driver
> which in turn uses GraphLCD http://graphlcd.berlios.de/
GraphLCD contains a similar device GU256x64-3900, and the code looks
very well designed.

However, I would like to use my VFD in conjunction with XBMC which works
well with LCDproc. Perhaps it would work with GraphLCD as well, i need
to check. Nevertheless I will have to make a driver for the GU240x64 and
as I have already started, I might as well make it compliant to LCDproc
so it is usefull to more people.

IN the next few weeks I will implement the driver and post my result
here. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
peter