[Lcdproc] Noritake graphical VFD driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Noritake graphical VFD driver
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 21:40:11 +0200

On 11.10.2010 12:54, Peter Wurmsdobler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use the Noritake-Itron VFD GU240x64D-K612A8-F2-f7 over
> a serial connection in concunction with the XBMC. In the documentation
> and code I have seen that there is a driver for a character VFD, a CU*.
>
> Is there a driver around for GU* devices? If not, how woould I go
> about writing one, what is a good starting point?
>
> Kind regards,
> peter

Hello,

right now we support several Noritake character-based displays with the
'NoritakeVFD' and the 'serialVFD' drivers. If your device understands
the serial protocol these device use, you may just use one of those drivers.

Additionally you may check the devices supported by the 'glcdlib' driver
which in turn uses GraphLCD http://graphlcd.berlios.de/ and serdisplib
(http://serdisplib.sourceforge.net/).

If all these do not support your display you may choose to implement
your own driver.

Regards,
Markus