[Lcdproc] Mplay HD44780 DVF on Ububtu

  • From: santanu at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk (Santanu Das)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Mplay HD44780 DVF on Ububtu
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:39:18 +0100

Greetings guys

I've recently bought Moneual 320 case, which comes with a display, which
seems to be a Mplay VFD from VL systems, uses HD44780 driver. I'm trying
to get it work since few days bu whereever I do nothing happens. I've
tried LCDproc 0.5.3 and also 0.5.2 with the mplay patch installed but
when I start LCDd ( or use /*LCDd -f -r 4*/ ), I don't get any error but
nothing comes up on the VFD apart from the default "MONEUAL" on the screen.

So, my first question here: Does any one knowwhat exactly I need to do
to make this device work?
Secondly: Do I need a ACTUALLY need a parallel port to make this device
work?

Thanks in advance for your time; sn help of any kind highly appreciated.

cheers,
Santanu