[Lcdproc] LCDProc always flushing without sleeping?

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc always flushing without sleeping?
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 18:35:59 +0200

Hello,

LCDd updates a screen every 1/8th second (frame rate). This is not be
confused with the WaitTime option, which defines after how many seconds
the next screen is shown if there is more than one.

There is a sleep in between the flush() calls of 125ms average (can be
more, can be less depending of the speed of the display).

Usually, drivers implement a buffer and a backingstore which is updated
by write commands. On flush only portions with differences to the buffer
are sent to the display.

Regards,
Markus