[Lcdproc] text output to LCD

  • From: ptmusta at utu.fi (Pasi Mustalahti)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] text output to LCD
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:54:02 +0300

Not so far anything usefull.
But, I have under work an idea, which suits me well.
I copied a program packet from the writer of lcd2usb.
http://www.harbaum.org/till/lcd2usb/index.shtml
This is the packet:
Version 1.08(avrusb)/2.08(usbtiny): lcd2usb-2007-10-13.zip

It contains one test program with sources. I took the sources and made
some modifications to it to test it.
Now I'm going to try to change the code so, that I can invoke the
program with some command line parameters.
Like this:

lcd2usb2 c, [Lines, Cols,] [line,col,][text]
Where c is a command (clear, read, write, move...)
Lines, Cols tell the dimensions of the glass
line,col is the new point
text is the string to be output

Like that it can be called from any language or script.
Besides, I'm not going to need but these lcd2usb modules.

So far this I have made nothing, because thus far I have managed to live
without C language and now I got to read some good book.
If only it were Basic, I might have done it already.

If I have time manage with this, I'll publish it somewhere and give a
note in this thread