[Lcdproc] lcd2usb

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcd2usb
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 17:01:00 +0200

On 19.08.2010 16:43, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On 8/19/10, ptmusta <ptmusta at utu.fi> wrote:
>> I have problem with a lcd2usb board, which has USB, 2x16 and HD44780.
>> Ubuntu 10.04.
>> I installed lcdproc with synaptics and edited the /etc/LCDd.conf file
>> When I give command 'LCDd', I get an error message:
>>
>> LCDd version 0.5.3 starting
>> Using Configuration file /etc/LCDd.conf
>> Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
>> hd44780: unknown ConnectionType: lcd2usb
>> Driver [hd44780] init failed, return code -1
>> Could not load driver hd44780
>> There is no output driver
> What options did you use to configure the build? (Did you even build
> from source? "installed lcdproc with synaptics" doesn't tell me where
> you got the code or how you configured it) What does the [HD44780]
> section of your LCDd.conf file look like? What options are you using
> to invoke LCDd?

Hello,

the lcd2usb connection type of the hd44780 driver depends on libusb and
pkg-config to be present.

If you look at the output from ./configure you will see:

checking if libusb support has been enabled... yes
checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
checking for LIBUSB... yes

If the answer to the last one is 'no', USB support will not be compiled and
lcd2usb will not work.

Note: libusb will be automatically detected if present, there is no way to
force LCDd to use it (although it can be disabled).

Regards,
Markus