[Lcdproc] HD44780 Install Issue

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 Install Issue
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:10:31 -0400

On 8/12/10, Bjoern Meier <bjoern.meier at googlemail.com> wrote:

> mh how could I connect an usb header cable to an usb port?

I'm not sure what you mean by "usb header cable" vs "usb port". Can
you post a link to pictures? Could you look up what the industry
standard terms are for the hardware you have (names like "USB Mini-B"
or "USB Type A" or "1x4 pin 2.54mm pin header") and use those terms?

Here's one place with terms and pictures:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb#Physical_appearance>

For example, my LCD2USB has a grid of 2x2 mounting holes at 2.54mm
spacing, meant to accept either a USB Type-B connector or 4-wire cable
with a USB Type-A connector. I mounted a Type-B connector on mine, so
I use an "ordinary" USB A-B cable with my LCD.

-ethan