[Lcdproc] HD44780 Install Issue

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] HD44780 Install Issue
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 18:21:17 -0400

On 8/11/10, Bjoern Meier <bjoern.meier at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I only have this USB Header cable. The Kernel doesn't recognize this
> LCD2USB and I have no mini USB on Board. What else I could try?

If you don't have 3.6V zener diodes on your LCD2USB, try plugging your
LCD2USB into a USB hub and the USB hub into your computer. If you
_do_ have 3.6V zeners, I did catch a note that some of the early ones
recommended are too slow (which result in a lot of "-71" errors in the
logfiles when you connect the LCD2USB). You could remove the 3.6V
zeners then use a USB hub.

Other than that, see if your LCD2USB works on other computers - I know
that mine behaved differently on an HP Workstation vs a Macbook Pro
(solved by using a hub).

If the device does not enumerate when connected, it doesn't matter
what software you have - fix that problem first.

-ethan