[Lcdproc] graphs

  • From: MyersJW at alfredstate.edu (Myers, Jon W)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] graphs
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 22:49:28 -0400

Greetings! I've just recently gotten into lcdproc, and written a client to
display some basic information, just so I know I can do it.
I'm using a CrystalFontz 20x4 display (XE634BK-YFB-KU).
Is it possible to display a "high definition" graph? As in, not using whole
blocks in a graph, but individual pixels. I've played around with vbar, but
I just cant grasp it.
a single character block I think is 8x5. So I'd like to be able to light up
lets say, the bottom 3 pixels on top of eachother (first column), then 7
pixels in the next column, etc.. etc.. etc.. Is this even possible? I was
going to cheat, and use set_char to make my own custom characters, but it
seems set_char is in the driver itself, which I'd rather not touch. But I'd
like to somehow bitmap a whole block of a line, then still be able to print a
few text characters at the end of that line (or I can bitmap those as well I
suppose, creating my own fontset if I have to).

I've tried "widget_set test vbar 1 4 7", and such, and have only gotten a
single solid line on the bottom of that character. in the docs, vbar talks
about "x,y". Does it mean x,y as in character positions, or pixels?

Also, if this can indeed be done, is there a driver for X? (The display is
at work, and I'm at home, so trying to play on my local machine here, and the
curses driver is text only, so vbars might not work, even if I can address
indiv. pixels).

- - - Jon