[Lcdproc] picolcd

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] picolcd
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:20:23 -0400

On 3/31/10, Eric Swallie <e_swallie at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, back again a while back I asked this question and could never get a
> solution to my problem. so I waited for a while to see if the ubuntu guys
> fixed it for me in a later version of the ubuntu distro. however it seems I
> still have the same problem. I cant get the picolcd to work. it seems
> the package for ubuntu 10.04 installs the latest version of lcdproc, however
> I still cant seem to get the picolcd to work. it tells me that it cant find
> the picolcd.so file, I have searched my drive for it myself, and indeed I
> cant find it either. any ideas how I get this picolcd.so file on my system
> so the LCDd server can find it and start?

I checked the lcdproc 0.5.3 download tarball from Sourceforge, and I
did find drivers/picolcd.h and drivers/picolcd.c, but I have no idea
how the Ubuntu packages are built or what they include.

I've always built lcdproc from source, and that process is pretty
straightforward (configure with a driver list of what you want built,
make, make install.

I have written drivers and clients for lcdproc, but I have not been
involved with the package distribution and use flavors of Linux other
than Debian and Ubuntu.

Is building from source not an option for you?

-ethan

  • [Lcdproc] picolcd, Ethan Dicks, 04/01/2010