[Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:12:42 +0100

On 25.03.2010 22:02, aexme wrote:
> Markus Dolze <bsdfan <at> nurfuerspam.de> writes:
>

>> Regarding your problem: Are you compling the driver 'stand-alone' or
>> have you integrated it into LCDproc's build system? If you did not have
>> done the latter you may be missing some compiler / linker flags.
>>
>> You may configure LCDproc which '--enable-debug' and run 'LCDd-r 5' to
>> receive more information.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Markus
>>

> I included the driver as described in the LCDproc Developer's Guide. Added
> the
> names in acinclude.m4 and makefile.am. It gets compiled as
> arduino-serial.so but
> when i start LCDd i get the error above. I downloaded the cvs version.
> Would it
> make sense to download a stable version?
>
> if i start it in debug mode:
> aex at siduxbox:~$ /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/LCDd -r 5 -c
> /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/LCDd.conf
> LCDd version 0.5dev starting
> Built on Mar 20 2010, protocol version 0.3, API version 0.5
> Using Configuration File: /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/LCDd.conf
> Set report level to 5, output to stderr
> Server forking to background
> Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
> screenlist_init()
> driver_load(name="arduino_serial",
> filename="/home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/drivers/arduino_serial.so")
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: api_version
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: stay_in_foreground
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: supports_multiple
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: symbol_prefix
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: init
> Driver [arduino_serial] misses 5 required symbols
> Driver [arduino_serial] binding failed
> Module /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/drive could not be loaded
> Could not load driver arduino_serial
> There is no output driver
> Critical error while initializing, abort.
>
> Is there somewhere a more detailed log?
>
> What does mean define symbol?
> Does these code part do it? Is something missing?
>
> MODULE_EXPORT char * api_version = API_VERSION;
> MODULE_EXPORT int stay_in_foreground = 0;
> MODULE_EXPORT int supports_multiple = 0;
> MODULE_EXPORT char *symbol_prefix = "arduino_";
> MODULE_EXPORT int
> arduino_init (Driver *drvthis, char *args)
> {...}
>

> thankful for any suggestion

Hi,

I tried to compile and run your driver. I only did some small
modifications to the driver files (remove a few lines). As you did not
submit the changes to the build system, I integrated it myself (see
attached patch-arduino-build.diff). I compiles and does start up
correctly (of course it fails as I don't have the device), but the
symbols are correctly detected (see startup.log). You may compare these
changes against your own.

Regards,
Markus