[Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol

  • From: aexme at arcor.de (aexme)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 21:02:29 +0000 (UTC)

Markus Dolze <bsdfan <at> nurfuerspam.de> writes:

> Regarding your problem: Are you compling the driver 'stand-alone' or
> have you integrated it into LCDproc's build system? If you did not have
> done the latter you may be missing some compiler / linker flags.
>
> You may configure LCDproc which '--enable-debug' and run 'LCDd-r 5' to
> receive more information.
>
> Thank you
> Markus

I included the driver as described in the LCDproc Developer's Guide. Added the
names in acinclude.m4 and makefile.am. It gets compiled as arduino-serial.so
but
when i start LCDd i get the error above. I downloaded the cvs version. Would
it
make sense to download a stable version?

if i start it in debug mode:
aex at siduxbox:~$ /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/LCDd -r 5 -c
/home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/LCDd.conf
LCDd version 0.5dev starting
Built on Mar 20 2010, protocol version 0.3, API version 0.5
Using Configuration File: /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/LCDd.conf
Set report level to 5, output to stderr
Server forking to background
Listening for queries on 127.0.0.1:13666
screenlist_init()
driver_load(name="arduino_serial",
filename="/home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/drivers/arduino_serial.so")
Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: api_version
Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: stay_in_foreground
Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: supports_multiple
Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: symbol_prefix
Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: init
Driver [arduino_serial] misses 5 required symbols
Driver [arduino_serial] binding failed
Module /home/aex/workspace/lcdproc/server/drive could not be loaded
Could not load driver arduino_serial
There is no output driver
Critical error while initializing, abort.

Is there somewhere a more detailed log?

What does mean define symbol?
Does these code part do it? Is something missing?

MODULE_EXPORT char * api_version = API_VERSION;
MODULE_EXPORT int stay_in_foreground = 0;
MODULE_EXPORT int supports_multiple = 0;
MODULE_EXPORT char *symbol_prefix = "arduino_";
MODULE_EXPORT int
arduino_init (Driver *drvthis, char *args)
{...}

thankful for any suggestion