[Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Lcdproc-devel] writing an driver, does not have required symbol
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:47:44 +0100

On 20.03.2010 03:04, aexme at nexgo.de wrote:
> Hi, im trying to write an driver for lcdproc.
> I modified the source code from an existing driver.
> When i try to use my driver i get an error:
>
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: api_version
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: stay_in_foreground
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: supports_multiple
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: symbol_prefix
> Driver [arduino_serial] does not have required symbol: init
> Driver [arduino_serial] misses 5 required symbols
> Driver [arduino_serial] binding failed
>
> ive added this
>
> // Vars for the server core
> MODULE_EXPORT char * api_version = API_VERSION;
> MODULE_EXPORT int stay_in_foreground = 0;
> MODULE_EXPORT int supports_multiple = 0;
> MODULE_EXPORT char *symbol_prefix = "arduino_";
>
> to the c file but it still doesnt work.
>
> How do i define this synbols?
> Is there somewhere an example?
>
> thanks

Hi,

first of all thank you for your interest in LCDproc. If you need help
please write/subscribe to lcdproc at lists.omnipotent.net which is the
mailing list most people use (and which I put in CC). The Sourceforge
lists are not used.

Regarding your problem: Are you compling the driver 'stand-alone' or
have you integrated it into LCDproc's build system? If you did not have
done the latter you may be missing some compiler / linker flags.

You may configure LCDproc which '--enable-debug' and run 'LCDd-r 5' to
receive more information.

Thank you
Markus