[Lcdproc] Onexit=1 not working Ubuntu 9.10

  • From: george.news at gmx.net (George)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Onexit=1 not working Ubuntu 9.10
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:22:59 +0100

Hi again

Sorry for not answering before but too busy.

Below my answers and comments

On 22/02/2010 17:51, jk wrote:
> George,
>

> Apologies for the delay...

It is an imonlcd version 15c2:0038.

> - Are you using lcdproc from a repository, or are you compiling from
> source? Are you using v0.5.3?

I'm using lcdproc-0.5.3-0ubuntu1, so from a repository.

> - In your LCD.conf file, do you have "Driver=imonlcd"?

Yes

> - Are you modifying "OnExit" in the [imonlcd] section?

Yes

> - Are you checking the "OnExit" actions by shutting down the computer
> or by shutting down LCDd? ( "sudo /etc/init.d/LCDd stop" is the
> easiest way to check the exit behavior)
I was checking it by shutting down the computer. When I shutdown the
LCDd down it seems to be working perfectly.

However when shutting down the computer, it seems that the action OnExit
takes place, but after a second or so the display is kind of reset. For
example, when setting onexit=2 so the LCD is switch off, during the
shutdown process the LCD is shutdown, but as soon as it ends the
backlight is back on.

I have an Antec Fusion Remote Black. Is this a normal behaviour when
using this case?

> - Verify that LCDd is using the config file that you're actually
> modifying by running LCDd in the foreground: "sudo LCDd -f -s 0 -r
> 5" and checking its output.

The file is the correct one /etc/LCDd.conf

> -Jonathan

Thanks a lot.
George