[Lcdproc] hd44780

  • From: bjoern.meier at googlemail.com (Bjoern Meier)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:10:13 +0100

Hi,

I'm totally new in the topic VFDs, so please be patient. I have the
Case epc1202 with a - so documented - hd44780 compatible 24*2 VFD on
parallel port. I don't know who this is wired, but I tried all 4
methods with lcdproc.
My Problem is: the VFD gets initialized (all lines gets dark after
the first line is filled with blocks of white dots, what - so the
lcdproc documents - is correct), but no text ist shown.
All I can see is random characters (not ever, but sometimes on both lines).
I defined a Hello = "test" in the [server] block of LCDd.conf, so I
hoped to see this at start up.

How can I set my VFD up correctly?

What I tried:

- all 4 wiring methods
- all 3 charatersets
- proving that the parallel port is correct
- Display timing changed (just a hopeful try)

my system:

Dual Core Duo
2 GB RAM
60 GB System
750GB DATA Raid1

Debian / lenny with a custom build kernel 2.6.30
modules for lcdproc: parport, parport_pc and ppdev
Device = /dev/parport0

any hints?

Greetings,
Bj?rn

  • [Lcdproc] hd44780, Bjoern Meier, 02/22/2010