[Lcdproc] Removing win32 support

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Removing win32 support
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:42:30 +0100

On 14.12.2009 00:13, Markus Dolze wrote:
> Markus Dolze wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when was the last time someone successfully compiled LCDproc natively
>> for win32?
>>
>> There are several conditionals scattered across the code for win32,
>> but I doubt anyone is using them. Note that I am talking about
>> compiling it natively, not using Cygwin!
>>
>> For Windows there are far more advanced solutions available (i.e.
>> LCDHype, LCD Smartie).
>>
>> Instead of trying to catch up on the latest Windows version I'd like
>> to remove these parts from LCDproc.
>>
>> So - if nobody requires win32 support for LCDproc, I am going to
>> remove it.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Markus
>>

> Hi,
>
> here is a patch that removes win32 support. If I receive no objections I
> will commit it.
>
> Regards,
> Markus

Hello,

some time has passed and I did only receive minimal feedback, both pro
and cons. Therefore I will put a last call:

If I don't receive feedback on a successful native compile (not Cygwin
or MinGW) on at least Windows Vista (Windows 7 would be better) with
some usable driver (perhaps serial/USB) until March, 22nd 2010 I will
apply the patch removing win32 support. If someone manages to compile
LCDd, I am happy to test it using Vista.

Regards,
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] Removing win32 support, Markus Dolze, 01/28/2010