[Lcdproc] CFontz633 vs CFontzPacket driver

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] CFontz633 vs CFontzPacket driver
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:03:03 +0100

Hi there,

when I first received my Crystalfontz displays I was a little puzzled
about the difference between the CFontz633 and CFontzPacket driver.
While updating the latter I had a closer look at the former and found
that the CFontzPacket seems to have been created from a copy of the
CFontz633driver.

Is there any need to keep both? Note that I am not talking about the
CFontz633io library they share, but the driver source CFontz633.[ch].

I would like to deprecate the CFontz633 in favor of CFontzPacket for the
next release and remove it afterwards.

Regards,
Markus