[Lcdproc] Updates to CFontzPacket

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Updates to CFontzPacket
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:58:22 +0100

Hi there,

here come some updates to the CFontzPacket driver:

* I added CFA_Model structure which holds default values for speed,
size, charmap and some flags.
* Added the CFA-533 to the list of known modules.
* The 633 and 533 use a HD44780 compatible controller, therefore I
load the default HD44780_charmap for those. The 631 and 635 have
the same CGROM as EA_DIP204, but I have not yet checked if the
EA_KS0073 charmap could be used. Currently CFontz_charmap is still
used.
* The flags describe some features those models have by default. I
changed most occurances of (p->model == 633) checks into ones for
features.
* The "NewFirmware" setting was renamed into "OldFirmware" (it was
no-op up anyway).
* For all displays the partial screen update algorithm is used,
unless one has a 633 and OldFirmware=true set.
* Models 631 and 635 have a gapless display with 6x8 pixels. I found
that the block character (31d) used for the title ugly interferes
with the text. Therefore I modified the icon to use a CC instead.
For those displays all CC have the last line cleared (this affects
the block and heartbeat chars).
* Some changes in whitespace and comment style.

The changes have been tested with the following displays:

1. CFA-533 USB
2. CFA-633 USB
3. CFA-631 USB
4. CFA-635 USB

I appreciate any feedback on the changes. As they are working on all
supported displays I will apply only a short "comment timeout" of aprox.
two weeks!

Regards,
Markus