[Lcdproc] How to build a Debian-package from the LCDproc sources?

  • From: eldavidillo at hotmail.com (David)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] How to build a Debian-package from the LCDproc sources?
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:17:19 +0100

You could create a .deb package using "checkinstall" instead of "make
install":

cd /path/to/lcdproc-source
./configure
make
sudo checkinstall

That's what I do in Ubuntu when I want to install software from source, and
it works well. It will generate a .deb package in the source directory, and
then install it. The package can be updated or removed through apt-get,
aptitude or synaptic. Since Ubuntu is Debian based, I guess it should work
just the same on Debian.

Hope that helps.