[Lcdproc] hd44780-i2c for FreeBSD

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] hd44780-i2c for FreeBSD
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 23:13:35 +0100

Hello,

just a note:

part of the hardware delivery I received today was a PCF8574. After
building a small I2C bit-banging interface for the parallel port (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=lpbb) and the hd44780-i2c
wiring, I modified that driver to also work with FreeBSD's iic devices.

It is currently a quick hack only, without all the autotools stuff
needed to import it into LCDproc. Furthermore it is very slow and takes
a lot of CPU time (20% on my P4), which is even worse than
hd44680-serialLpt, but it works.

Regards,
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] hd44780-i2c for FreeBSD, Markus Dolze, 01/07/2010