[Lcdproc] Need help troubleshooting a possible faulty VFD unit

  • From: speedsix.lists at googlemail.com (Dom H)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Need help troubleshooting a possible faulty VFD unit
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:36:59 +0000

Well I've solved the issue but I am utterly confused what the problem was.

I booted an XP virtual machine in VirtualBox and enabled the Mplay USB
device for the guest OS and installed the windows drivers from the
Zalman CD download. Now, the serial driver installed fine but the
Zalman software couldn't find the device BUT eventually the IR LED
went out (flicking on with each button push as before) and after
rebooting the remote functioned as before with LIRC

How can the device get into such a state that isn't reset with a long
power off and what put it into this state in the first place??

Thanks