[Lcdproc] Question about LCD2USB...

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Question about LCD2USB...
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:58:15 +0100

Thorsten Godau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have some questions about LCD2USB used together with LCDproc.
>
> How do i have to specify the device (/dev/...) for the LCD2USB adaptor?
> Or is the adaptor defined by the VendorID/ProductID? If yes, what is
> the correct VID/PID for the LCD2USB?
>
> What is the difference between the both USB-implementations
> (avrusb/tinyusb) of the LCD2USB firmware apart from the licensing?
> Is there a difference in performance? Which firmware should be used
> for best results with LCDproc?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards, Thorsten

Hi,

the LCD2USB devices are recognized only by VID/PID pair (VID = 0x0403,
PID = 0xc630).

Regarding the firmware differences you may ask Mr. Harbaum about it. For
my devices I use the avrusb (now V-USB) version. It is this one I test
LCDproc with.

Regards,
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] Question about LCD2USB..., Markus Dolze, 01/05/2010