[Lcdproc] Need help troubleshooting a possible faulty VFD unit

  • From: speedsix.lists at googlemail.com (Dom H)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Need help troubleshooting a possible faulty VFD unit
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 14:49:48 +0000

Hi all,

I have a Zalman HD135 HTPC case which includes a VLSystem Mplay Blast
combined VFD/IR unit. While attempting to fix an LCDproc issue (by
installing a newer version) I seem to have caused a weird issue with
the IR portion of the unit. As soon as I put power to the machine the
little red led next to the IR sensor lights and stays on permanently,
it seems no IR signals are being passed through the interface either
(shared with the VFD on /dev/ttyUSB0 using the FTDI serial module)
Powering down doesn't help, as does removing all traces of
LCDproc/Lirc etc. I know this isn't strictly an LCDproc issue but I'm
at a total loss on how to fix/ this and wondered if anyone had any
thoughts on what the issue could be. It's possible the unit has gone
faulty or maybe the bios for the display has got into an inconsistent
state?

Any ideas at all welcome.

Thanks