[Lcdproc] Patch: Refactoring min/max macros

  • From: ethan.dicks at gmail.com (Ethan Dicks)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch: Refactoring min/max macros
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:08:11 -0500

On 11/1/09, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while working on the QNX patch I found that in the current code min() and
> max() macros are defined in several places.

Not desirable, obviously.

> I introduced a new file shared/defines.h into which I moved those macros and
> removed them from all other places. I thought of using config.h for this,
> but it is not #ifdef protected.
.
.
.
> Comments?

I have yet to see much variation from machine to machine for min() and
max() definitions though I grant there could be some. Would it be
reasonable to put definitions of min() and max() in config.h inside
#ifndef's? Is that likely to trip up any of the required definitions
for compilers for supported environments?

-ethan