[Lcdproc] 1 ground wire

  • From: 4freefinders at gmail.com (grant donald)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] 1 ground wire
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 01:51:32 -0600

Hello out there somewhere? I keep getting other peoples q's but no answers
to mine.

The wiring i'm using includes pins 18-25 as ground, because i'm trying to
get this going with lcdsmartie as well. I got a parallel port adapter and i
pushed one of the pins in too far, i could have left it but i tried to pull
it back and it snapped off, There was no way it would come out. Now it still
doesn't work, would that one ground wire be the cause?

So i got myself a new display. When looking at the add i made sure it had a
hd44780 chip with a backlight. Well if i would have read further i would
have seen that it needs a 20.00 inverter for the "EL" backlight. Like what's
that? That means it's not a lcd at all. Now i don't know if that matters
either. Do you?

I don't know anything, but the errors i'm getting suggest to me lcdproc is
not at all compatible with Kubuntu, always says driver not found and it's
right where it should be. or it really is a driver issue, thx

Grant