[Lcdproc] LCDProc and Terastation

  • From: sebastien at requiem.fr (sebastien requiem)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDProc and Terastation
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:26:07 +0200

Hey people,

first of all, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project, it
looks awesome.

I try to have it working with my hardware and may need a bit of your
help that.
I have a :
Terastation Duo
(http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/terastation/terastation-duo/)

which has a "unknown" LCD display. I say unknow has I can't
find any information on it.

Here is what I know :

= Hardware
* There is a "NEC" chipset close to the cables on the board where the
LCD is attached.
* The LCD can handle 3 colors backlight (at least) Blue/Red/Orange
* There is 4 buttons (Power, Func, Disp, Maintenance button)

= Soft
* The LCD is accessible at /dev/ttyS1 (don't know the serial speed though)
* there is a proprietary soft that can drive it (miconapl) from Buffalo
* Doing some strace on it shows clearly that /dev/ttyS1 is used.

Anyone would have some clue about that LCD device ?
About a possible working driver in LCDproc ?
About reversing the protocol ?

regards,

  • [Lcdproc] LCDProc and Terastation, sebastien requiem, 10/01/2009