[Lcdproc] lcdproc 20*4 LCD key events

  • From: ehrnam45 at gmail.com (Samuel Rogers)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] lcdproc 20*4 LCD key events
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:19:01 -0400

I had looked into something like this for my Matrix Orbital VFD a few months
back. Currently, LCDproc only handles keypad presses within the
server/client itself: primarily for menu navigation. If you want other
applications to be able to receive them, you will need to write your own
client to catch the key presses from LCDd and then use something like XLib
to generate key press events. I was able to write a client in C++ that
could register keypad keys with LCDd, but I was unable to get keys sent to
other windows/processes.

Sam