[Lcdproc] Help with lcd JHD 204A

  • From: helian.seele at gmail.com (Helian)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Help with lcd JHD 204A
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 17:37:13 -0300

Hi all,

this is my first post here, sorry if this is the wrong place.
I'm trying to configure a 20x4 lcd using the parallel port and the "winamp"
wiring scheme with lcdproc 0.5.3. The datasheet for this lcd can be found at
http://www.8051projects.net/e107_files/public/1231066792_13674_FT0_jm204aspec.pdf
The problem is that I can't display anything, the lcd only shows garbage.
I've tried theExtendedMode and all 4 CharMaps, but none works.
To check my soldering I've tried lcdcenter 2.0 in windows, and it works
fine, using the 44780 driver.

Any ideas on how to fix it ?

Thanks,

helian