[Lcdproc] LCDproc v0.5.3 released

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc v0.5.3 released
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 23:13:47 +0200

Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> I cannot build from the release tarball on Solaris, though the 0-5-3
> CVS branch builds fine. Diffing the two directories, I see
> shared/getopt.h was removed from the release.
>

> Tim

Hi,

looking into this it seems a problem and / or misunderstanding with the
autoconf DIST_COMMON magic.

I do not want to touch the release to fix this (creating some 0.5.3.1).

If we discover other problems with the release, it will be fixed as
well, but otherwise you have to add that file manually on Solaris. I
already added a note about that into the Release Notes.

It will be fixed in cvs HEAD anyway.

Things like these are the reason why I created the release candidate,
but that one slipped through.

Regards,
Markus