[Lcdproc] LCDproc v0.5.3 released

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] LCDproc v0.5.3 released
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:01:52 +0200

Hi,

Pavel Ml?och wrote:
> Hello,
> I found wrong link in section Testing. The link "Build and
> installation instructions" pointed to
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/current-user-html/c185.html#BUILD-AND-INSTALL
> but this site writes what You can see in attachment. So can You repair
> it?

the web page at www.lcdproc.org need to be updated at all for the
release. Who is able to do this?

> At the end, I've short question. I've "MSI media-center live" and this
> machine have VFD. I used my own deb package based on third-side patch,
> which support this VFD by dm140 module. Is this module supported in
> new version without this patch? If it's I can create new deb package
> for my PPA repository. However I don't know how to identify my VFD
> device, and I can't find it in list of supported devices. At the end
> You can see information about my HW.

I remember having seen this on some Linux distro tracker. As long as
noone submits a driver to the LCDproc project, it will not be
integrated. I am currently not aware that this happened. This only trace
of DM140 is this
http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2007-May/011737.html which
talks about the device you have: ID 040b:7001

Regards,
Markus