[Lcdproc] Flashing screen fixed...

  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Flashing screen fixed...
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 18:52:41 +1000

Hi all,

Sorry for all the noise. I think I've fixed the issue I mentioned
earlier. It seems that the default for the "ServerScreen" setting was
changed from 0.5.2. When this setting is on, mythtv and LCDd fight
over whether the backlight should be on. This causes the backlight to
flash.

If this is truly the cause of the problem that lead to the addition
of the return statement in imonlcd, then I think the return statement
should be entirely removed. It is unfortunate that a patch was added
rather than fixing the server settings.

It does make me wonder if the default should be changed back to
ServerScreen "off".

Be well,

Will :-}