[Lcdproc] Updating docs for 0.5.3 release

  • From: gfk at logidac.com (Guillaume Filion)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Updating docs for 0.5.3 release
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 09:30:11 -0400

Markus Dolze a ?crit :
> Hi,

Hello Markus,

> it looks like I am missing some mails from the last days, so I cannot
> answer correctly, but I read
> http://lists.omnipotent.net/pipermail/lcdproc/2009-May/012960.html.

I got this bounce when writing to bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550 5.7.1 We do not relay - access denied
{mx017} (state 14).

> Are you using scripts/nightly/make-docs.sh to create and upload the files?
> I tried it and it worked, except that xmlto and rsync live in
> /usr/local/bin instead of /usr/bin on my system. Unfortunately I have not
> installed the software necessary to create TXT and PDF formats.

Yes, it's the script that I'm using. I'm not sure how useful the PDF and
TXT formats were. HTML is definitely the most useful.

> I tried and uploaded {current|stable-0-5-x}-{dev|user}.html to SF and also
> created a new index page with is available as
> http://lcdproc.sourceforge.net/docs/index-new.html for preview.
>
> What do you think?

It looks great.

> I would like to remove the outdated pdf,txt,split-html,tar.gz,tar.bz2 for
> {current|stable-0-5-x}{dev|user}.

Go for it.

> For the 0.5.3 release I plan to release the User Guide and Developers Guide
> as single html for online viewing and as split-html tar.gz for download.

Good idea.

Cheers,
GFK's

--