[Lcdproc] small driver patches to support older compilers and systems

  • From: TELarson at west.com (Larson, Timothy E.)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] small driver patches to support older compilers and systems
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:00:46 -0500

> would you please tell for which 'older compilers and systems' this patch is
> for?
>
> I am especially curious about the '<strings.h>' requirement for hd44780.

Using gcc 2.95, variable declarations evidently need to be at the top of the
function.

AIX has the strcmp() family in strings.h instead of string.h. Normally I
wouldn't care too much about AIX, except that my Apple Network Server is what
sparked my interest in this project to begin with. :) It would be really
nice to get it (at least the server, meaning hd44780) working.

Related to that, AIX uses termiox. I'm reading up on this now, but if anyone
has experience and can point in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim