[Lcdproc] Driver for SoundGraph iMON LCD imported

  • From: Matt at mattsmith.cc (Matt Smith)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Driver for SoundGraph iMON LCD imported
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:08:03 +1000

Hi Jonathan,

On 21/05/09 03:29 jk said the following:

> I somehow missed part of this conversation.
>
> Glad to hear that the newer version of mythlcdserver is playing more nicely
> with lcdproc.

I sent the original email before I subscribed to the list - perhaps the
moderator either hasn't yet approved the original, or saw my response
reply and decided not to approve. Either way, I've supplied the
original email for archive purposes at the bottom.

It is very strange to see that mythlcdserver doesn't play nice with teh
proposed lcdproc 0.5.3 - I have looked (briefly, I must admit) at both
change logs for recent modified files, and cannot see why it wouldn't work.
There is an entry in mythlcdserver which DOES explicitly advise that it
has been changed to work with lcdproc 0.5.3 and it's priority codes -
something which I believe was my original problem (ie. It's already
fixed, just awaiting an "official" release).

I'm happy to assist with any testing for this driver and it's
interactions with MythTV in particular - but my coding ability is
somewhat limited.
Please keep me in mind if you require something tested.

As mentioned in my "follow-up" email, LCDd is still reporting a syntax
error with the "client_add_key" call from mythlcdserver, so I'll have a
look around the mythtv-dev list and see if I can find a fix there.

Thanks for your response, Jonathan.

Cheers,
Matt