[Lcdproc] [Fwd: SourceForge.net feature deprecation upcoming: forums, DocManager, TaskManager, Diary/Notes]

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] [Fwd: SourceForge.net feature deprecation upcoming: forums, DocManager, TaskManager, Diary/Notes]
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:00:40 +0200

Hi Rene,

I think it's ok to have these removed. In fact I asked in the past to disable
some of them.

TaskManager -> unused for 8 years, requires an admin to create tasks
DocManager -> only a link to our documentation page
Forums -> rarely used as we have the mailing list. Problems can/should also
be reported to the bug tracker.
Diary / Notes -> I never used it.

For the TaskManager, the XML export offered would allow us to keep the old
data just in case someone's interested, but migrating the data to TaskFreak!
seems not necessary.

TaskFreak! and IdeaTorrent are very interesting and might be useful for the
project.

Regards
Markus

-------- Original-Nachricht --------