[Lcdproc] Release status report

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Release status report
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:43:26 +0200

Larson, Timothy E. wrote:
> I'm concerned about the status of Solaris support. Fortunately I now
> have access to a NetBSD/i386 system, so that getting this lcdproc
> release imported to pkgsrc is not dependent on Solaris working. But
> if we can't get it to work, the support claim should be removed. If
> the next release is another 18-24 months away, that's a long time to
> claim something that's not quite true.

Hi Tim,

I will post a patch later this week which should allow building the
clients on Solaris.

Additionally, the mtx_s16209x driver has to be fixed as you said:

> The mtc_s16209x issue has to do with use of flock vs fcntl. That looked a
> little more complicated than I wanted to delve into right now.

Are you going to do this?

Anyway, release work will continue in the meantime. But before including
these fixes in the release, I require explicit OK from someone building
and testing them on Linux and MacOS X (for FreeBSD I will check myself)
before including it (and silence will not be OK this time). Otherwise
the 0.5.3 release notes will tell about Solaris support being broken and
we will have to do this for the next release.

Regards,
Markus