[Lcdproc] Release status report

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Release status report
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 22:10:21 +0200

Hello,

by writing this email I want to let you know of the current status of
the LCDproc 0.5.3 release.

Last week

* the imonlcd driver was imported,
* the hd44780-usblcd connection type was imported,
* the Matrix Orbital driver was fixed,
* a bug in handling of priority strings was fixed, and
* several code style and documentation changes happened.

I believe LCDproc 0.5.3 to be 'feature complete' and that no serious
bugs remain (but see the BUGS file).

What's next:

1. Merge everything from HEAD to stable-0-5-x (will happen this week).
2. Create a release branch (its name will be 'stable-0-5-3').
3. Update all code and documentation with the new version numbers and
dates.
4. Create 'lcdproc-0.5.3-pre1' and upload it to Sourceforge.

Regards,
Markus