[Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support

  • From: fblack947 at yahoo.com (jk)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

Minor answers below...

----- Original Message ----

What, I should actually look at the output of configure?!?? :}

installing libusb-dev cleared that right up. Must have neglected it on the
new install. make all drivers runs fine.

> > The CVS version of lcdproc remains incompatible with mythtv's
> > mythlcdserver. I believe that this is not specific to a driver, but
> > due to some protocol changes.
>
> I am not aware of any major changes in the client/server protocol. Perhaps
> the
> cause for this shows up if more people look at the 0.5.3 release candidate.

I peeked into mythlcdserver months ago, and remember that the calls it was
sending to lcdproc didn't match the lcdproc documentation very well. I
believe some of the mythtv people monitor this list, so if this is you,
please take a look!

> > v0.5.2 modified with the patched imonlcd files compiles fine and
> > works well with mythlcdserver.
>
> I will commit the imonlcd to CVS the next days. It will then be part of
> what
> will become 0.5.3 soon.
>
> Regards
> Markus