[Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 17:00:38 +0200

jk wrote:

> --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> originally I didn't plan to commit it before the 0.5.3 release. But
>> due to strong community interrest I agree to commit it if you
>> believe it to have 'release quality'. If - on the other hand - you
>> think it needs more testing, I will add it after the 0.5.3 release.
>>

>> Regards Markus
>>

> To me, it really depends on the plans for a v0.5.4 release. If it's
> to be another two years, then I'd recommend getting imonlcd into
> v0.5.3. The demand is definitely there (the howto-s on ubuntu forums
> have over 25,000 views).
>
> The driver is solid for the :ffdc version of Soundgraph's iMon. The
> newer :0038 version works for most - the issues I've heard from some
> testers come down to getting LIRC upgraded and configured properly,
> not anything in the proposed lcdproc driver. The :ffdc device
> requires lirc>=0.8.4a. The :0038 device requires lirc>=0.8.5
>
> Those dependency issues are highlighted in the docs.
>
> -Jonathan

Hi,

today I check the version 0.6.1 of the patch.

It turned out that imonlcd.c used a mix of space & tab indention mode.
So I piped it through indent. Unfortunately indent doesn't like C++
style comments so I converted them to C style. It also aligned it with
the style of other souces files we have.

Regarding LCDd.conf: The "legal" section should list all possible
values, not only those other than the default.

I also removed some commented out code related to the bars. If I was
wrong there, it's no problem to revert.

One of the TODOs left is: "Check if either setLineLength or
setBuiltinProgressBars could be removed as the former is only a wrapper
to the latter."

What about this?

No functional changes have been made, but please test if the comment
changes broke something.

Version 0.6.2 of the patch has been uploaded to SF.

Regards,
Markus