[Lcdproc] Patch: MtxOrb adjustable backlight and display detection

  • From: bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de (Markus Dolze)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Patch: MtxOrb adjustable backlight and display detection
  • Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 09:27:59 +0200

Markus Dolze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added a switch to LCDd.conf to turn off the adjustable backlight (which
> is on by default). If the adjustable backlight is turn off, the driver uses
> the old way to switch the backlight on or off.
>
> The switch is necessary because there are still some old MtxOrb displays
> floating around which do not feature an adjustable backlight but also
> cannot be identified by the driver. Therefore the user has to set this in
> the config file.

Hi Ethan and others,

do you have any other idea how to work around the backlight problem? If
not, I will commit the patch from the previous mail to fix the problem
for the upcoming release.

Regards.
Markus

  • [Lcdproc] Patch: MtxOrb adjustable backlight and display detection, Markus Dolze, 05/09/2009