[Lcdproc] Alphanumeric "bignums" (was Re: imonlcd server driver with icon support + new question)

  • From: rickx at libero.it (Federico Leverato)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] Alphanumeric "bignums" (was Re: imonlcd server driver with icon support + new question)
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:45:16 +0200

> "bignums", like bargraphs, grew out of feature support for original
> Matrix Orbital modules, originally the only modules supported by the
> earliest versions of LCDproc (check the list archives for early
> discussions about supporting other vendors' modules). It was easy to
> send a command to activate firmware-supported bignums on the module,
> and yes, clocks were the original target (4x20 gives you just enough
> digits to do a clock with a colon separator).
>
> With most modules having a limitation of 8 user-defined characters,

well, I have the imon-lcd and don't think it has any limitation of
that kind.
You print points on a display with given number of points (96x16).
The windows driver does it using a strange rounded font btw.
I already prepared an excel file giving you the hex corresponding to
the character
you draw in a rectangle above. So, if I'm not missing anything
else...I agree
this might not interest the whole lcdproc community, but I think it's
worth a try.

thanks,
Federico