[Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support

  • From: fblack947 at yahoo.com (jk)
  • Subject: [Lcdproc] imonlcd server driver with icon support
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 5/4/09, Markus Dolze <bsdfan at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> originally I didn't plan to commit it before the 0.5.3
> release. But due to strong community interrest I agree to
> commit it if you believe it to have 'release quality'. If -
> on the other hand - you think it needs more testing, I will
> add it after the 0.5.3 release.
>
> Regards
> Markus

To me, it really depends on the plans for a v0.5.4 release. If it's to be
another two years, then I'd recommend getting imonlcd into v0.5.3. The
demand is definitely there (the howto-s on ubuntu forums have over 25,000
views).

The driver is solid for the :ffdc version of Soundgraph's iMon. The newer
:0038 version works for most - the issues I've heard from some testers come
down to getting LIRC upgraded and configured properly, not anything in the
proposed lcdproc driver. The :ffdc device requires lirc>=0.8.4a. The :0038
device requires lirc>=0.8.5

Those dependency issues are highlighted in the docs.

-Jonathan